Utilization of Solar and Wind Energy for Rural Water Supply Project. Read more...
Solar Pumping Systems for 60 Villages for Humans and Watering Places for Animals - Eau de l'Espoir. Read more...
Mozambique/Zambia/Zimbabwe - Feasibility Study for the Navigability of Shire-Zambezi Waterways. Read more...
Tourni and Niofila Hydropower Plants, Feasibility Study, Detailed Design and Construction Supervision. Read more...
Preliminary and Formulation Study: Support Project in the Water- and Solar Hydraulics Sector as well as Institutional Support. Read more...
DGTREN Framework Contract - Techni- cal Assistance Activities in the Field of Energy and Transport - Lot 3.
Artibonite Small Hydropower Plant.
Utilization of Solar and Wind Energy for Rural Water Supply Project in Ethiopia.
The general objective of the project is to implement a wide spread use of solar and wind powered water supply systems in Ethiopia. The pilot project will serve as a demonstration of how to best implement the solar and wind powered water pumping systems and rear the benefits. At the same time, it will popularize the use of these renewable resources through involving greater participation. The lessons learned from this project will help formulate a framework for long-term or strategic country-wide planning of solar and wind power utilization in Ethiopia.
- Component A: Assessment and Preparation
- Detailed assessment of existing conditions, opportunities and constraints relevant to the utilization of solar and wind power for pumping groundwater.
- Development of a detailed approach for the implementation of the pilot projects.
- Sensitization and mobilization of various categories of stakeholders for the implementation of this pilot project.
- Component B: Design and Implementation of Pilot Works Stage 1
- Strengthening the capacity of the government and the community in use of solar and wind technologies.
- Preparation of Administrative Conditions, Technical Specifications, Bill of Quantities, Confidential Cost Estimates, Tender Drawings,
- Schedules and Final Bidding Documents.
- Assistance during Bidding Process and Conference as well as during Contract Preparation.
- Evaluation of Received Bids.
- Supervision of Installation and Supply.
- Component C: Design and Implementation of Pilot Works Stage 2
- Component D: Development of a Framework for Incorporation of Solar and Wind Technologies in the Universal Access Programme (UAP)
05/2011 – 10/2015
Solar Pumping Systems for 60 Villages for Humans and Watering Places for Animals - Eau de l'Espoir.
The main objective of the project is to improve and to protect the potable water supply for a population of 40,000 to 60,000 inhabitants in the departments Wilayas Assaba, Tagant, Hodh El Gharbi and Hodh Ech Charghi by the implementation of 40 to 60 solar pumping systems for 60 villages for humans and watering places for animals. The specific objective is to identify the project areas, to organize and train the local personnel. Further, pumping tests and the management of water resources are to be controlled. The taking-over of the supervision activities and the tender documents are to be prepared.
- Services provided
- Animation including identification of project areas as well as organisation and training of local personnel.
- Hygiene education / public awareness campaigns.
- Site Supervision of construction.
- Visits to the project areas after the installation.
- Preparation of the taking-over of the supervision activities to delegates of the administration.
- Control of pumping tests and water resource management.
- Implementation study and topographical works
- Preparation of Tender Documents and Terms of Reference.
- Provisional acceptance
04/2001 – 04/2005
Mozambique/Zambia/Zimbabwe - Feasibility Study for the Navigability of Shire-Zambezi Waterways.
The general objective of the project is to contribute to the provision of an efficient transportation system, with affordable costs and reliable modes for the countries sharing the Zambezi River Basin namely: Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia by opening up the Shire and Zambezi Rivers for navigation to the Indian Ocean. The objective of this assignment is to undertake a detailed feasibility study in order to demonstrate its technical, economic, financial, social and environmental viability and sustainability.
- Stage 1: Establish technical, economic, and environmental viability
- Data collection and analysis from earlier studies. This will be complemented by a hydrographic and hydrologic surveys in the field in order to determine the navigability of the waterway.
- Identification of existing rail/road transport corridor options in the region to assess their potentials, weaknesses and possible solutions to meet the Malawian and Zambian transport demands.
- Development of scenarios for reopening the Shire–Zambezi Waterways for navigation and assessment of their technical, socio-economic, environmental feasibility.
- Stage 2: Undertake Detailed Planning and Investment Appraisal
- This stage will involve the preparation of detailed technical planning parameters elaborated on the basis of decisions taken by the three countries on the results of the first stage. For the project scenarios selected by the competent institutions of the three countries at the end of Stage 1 of the study, the Consultant will undertake a study of optimal procurement method including:
- A financial appraisal of each project scenario, testing the viability of procuring the project under a public, private, or a PPP arrangement.
- A legal analysis of the requirements under national legal frameworks and bilateral agreements, and proposal of an institutional framework for a sustainable and safe operation of transport services on the Shire-Zambezi waterway.
09/2013 – 06/2015
Tourni and Niofila Hydropower Plants, Burkina Faso.
The energy from the Tourni hydropower plant is fed to the hydropower plant of Niofila by means of an approximate 10 km long distribution main, where it is then fed into the Niofila-Banfora distribution main. The purpose of the Niofila hydropower plant is to supply with electricity the town of Banfora (30,000 inhabitants) and two large industrial companies (GMB and SOSUCO). The Tourni plant consists of an approximately 260 m long dam made out of natural stonework with an integrated flood relief plant and a pressure pipeline, (diameter 1,000 mm, length 330 m). The units include masonry, dams with integrated spillways for daily storage, pressure pipelines, power houses, work buildings, living quarters for staff and 33 KV distribution mains (41.5 km and 10.2 km length). The construction of the hydropower plant enables to reduce drastically the consumption of diesel of the power plants in Bobo-Dioulasso.
- Services provided
- Project finding mission and prefeasibility study.
- Feasibility study.
- Socio-economic investigations.
- Site investigation.
- Assessment of energy demand.
- Description of the institution SONABEL.
- Economic analysis.
- Technical concept and detailed design.
- Elaboration of tender documents for construction.
- Site supervision of construction.
- Elaboration of documents for operation and maintenance.
02/1989 – 01/1998
Preliminary and Formulation Study: Support Project in the Water- and Solar Hydraulics Sector as well as Institutional Support in Guinea-Bissau.
The general objective of this study is to establish a supporting project for the water sector financed by the European Development Fund in its best technical, financial and temporal conditions in order to:
- Grant a sustainable access to fresh water for all the people of Guinea Bissau.
- Strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of the stakeholders in the Water Sector.
The specific objective of this Preliminary and Formulation Study is to get hold of necessary information for a flawless establishment of the Project. The preliminary study will also focus on the elaboration of the charter of the rural and semi-urban hydraulics in the intervention zone.
- Services provided
- Updating of the hydraulic data.
- Updating of the masterplan and elaboration of the charter of the rural and semi-urban hydraulics.
- Execution of the feasibility study treating the technical, economic and financial aspects, social problems, gender problems, health problems, the judicial, institutional and environmental aspects.
- Preparation of Tender Documents for the technical assistance aspects and the framework contract "works and goods" including the preliminary selection of the intervention zone, the quantity estimation and the preparation of plan samples for the works.
- Preparation of Tender Documents concerning the "sanitation" aspects to be directed to the Non-Governmental Organisations.
- Preparation of draft action sheets and "Technical and Administrative Directives" according to the samples of the European Commission.
02/2008 – 06/2008