Construction Supervision of Wastewater Disposal and Treatment System of the Sal'a Region. Read more...
Integrated Sanitation and Sewerage Infrastructure Project I (ISSIP 1) - Project Management / Technical Assistance Consultancy. Read more...
Recruiting of a Consultant in Charge of the Establishment of an Assessment of the Technical State of the internal Networks and Sanitary Installations of the Official Agencies and Eligible Claimants in the City of Kinshasa. Read more...
Urban Infrastructure Project - Preparation of Comprehensive Water and Wastewater Feasibility Studies and Priority Investment Plans to be financed by International Financial Organisations. Read more...
Reconstruction of Waste Water Treatment Plant, Rehabilitation and Extension of Sewer and Water Supply Networks in Kedainiai. Read more...
Preparation of Technical Specifications and their relative Attachments for the Construction of the Ordu Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Development of Sanitation Strategies in Rural and Semi-Urban Areas.
Design and Construction Supervision of Wastewater Disposal and Treatment Systems in BenJbeil and Nabatieh Districts.
Studies for the Networks of Waste Water Treatment Plants in 6 Tunisian Towns.
Wastewater Disposal System of the Sal’a Region, Slovak Republic - EUROPEAID/119227/D/SV/SK
The main objective of this project is to improve the Wastewater Treatment in the town of Sal’a as well as in 6 nearby municipalities.
- Services provided
- Management and supervision of the construction contracts as the ‘Engineer’ as specified in the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build, First Edition 1999; and FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction, First Edition, 1999.
- Site supervision of construction of new pipelines and rehabilitation of old combined sewer network in the town of Šal’a (approx. 93 km in total).
- Site Supervision of Construction of new sanitary (separate) sewer network in surrounding municipalities.
- Reconstruction and Extension of the WWTP in Šal’a (approx. 30.000 PE).
- Upgrading and Extension of the WWTP in Šal’a-Veča (approx. 15.000 PE).
09/2004 – 01/2008
Integrated Sanitation and Sewerage Infrastructure Project I Project Management / Technical Assistance Consultancy
The Government of Egypt, with the support of the World Bank, the Government of Switzerland, the Government of the Netherlands, the Government of Japan and the German Development Agency (GTZ), has launched a large-scale rural sanitation programme entitled the Integrated Sanitation & Sewerage Infrastructure Project (ISSIP). ISSIP aims at developing the rural sanitation sector in towns and villages in three Northern Governorates in the Delta region: Gharbiya, Kafr-el-Sheikh and Beheira. The Project will provide improved wastewater collection and treatment systems in targeted clusters to help reduce the pollution in the surrounding water canals and drains. The specific objective of the Project is to provide Technical Assistance to the Project Manager (in the PIU in the holding company) in planning, project implementation and oversight and reporting and the design of Wastewater Treatment Plants.
- Services provided
- Assistance to the Project Manager, NOPWASD, Rural Sanitation Units (RSU) in Planning, Project Implementation, Oversight and Reporting.
- Strengthening of the Rural Sanitation Units set up for assisting rural communities in the three governorates in the collection and safe disposal of wastewater.
- Production of all reporting documents and Progress Reports.
- Preparation of Prequalification Criteria for contractors if appropriate and participation in the process up to short-listing, Bid Evaluation and Contract Award.
- Technical Assessment of existing sanitation infrastructure and services.
- Assistance in generating and finalising Detailed Designs, Bills of Quantities, Field Surveys, topographic mapping, drawings, process selection, costing and preparation of Tender Documents.
- Procurement of Consulting Services.
- Training and capacity building activities.
06/2011 – 12/2015
Recruiting of a Consultant in Charge of the Establishment of an Assessment of the Technical State of the internal Networks and Sanitary Installations of the Official Agencies and Eligible Claimants in the City of Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
An action plan has been prepared by a workgroup consisting of representatives of the REGIDESO and the Ministries of Budget, of Finances and of Energy supported by a Consultant, which has been recruited with the help of the Project Preparation Fund, PPF/PEMU. This action plan contains administrative, financial and technical measures in order to:
- Reduce the global level of consumption by Official Agencies and eligible claimants.
- Control the regular payment of the invoices of Official Agencies and eligible claimants.
The specific objective assigned to this study is to carry out a diagnosis of the internal networks and sanitary installations of the most important Official Agencies in Kinshasa (consumption equal or exceeding 500 m³ / month).
- Services provided
- Carrying out of a diagnosis of the internal networks and the sanitary installations of the Official Agencies and eligible claimants.
- Preparation of Tender Documents for the recruitment of Supply and Work Contractors for the Rehabilitation of the above-mentioned infrastructure.
- Preparation of a Sensitisation Plan for the users in order to reduce the losses by wastage and to propose a partnership framework with the Official Agencies and eligible claimants for the handling of their consumption and the management of the installations.
09/2011 – 03/2013
Urban Infrastructure Project - Preparation of Comprehensive Water and Wastewater Feasibility Studies and Priority Investment Plans to be financed by International Financial Organisations in Ukraine.
The overall objective of the assignment is to assist participating water and wastewater utilities in rendering higher quality, reliability and sustainability of services, with reduced operational costs aiming for affordable tariffs. This is expected to be achieved through a series of institutional improvements and reforms as well as by selective investments in rehabilitation, replacement and modernization of deteriorated water supply and wastewater systems. The specific objective is to prepare affordable Priority Investment Programmes (PIP) for water & wastewater investments in each selected Municipality to be implemented in short term under IBRD loans or other available financing. The PIPs are to be developed in connection to the preparation of comprehensive Feasibility Studies including thorough analysis of investment needs, affordability, Utility's financial and management capacity and available financing possibilities. The PIPs should moreover have a focus on possible energy efficiency measures.
- Services provided
- Assessment of the current status of water and wastewater management and services and identification of improvement needs in each Utility.
- Elaboration of development strategies and Long Term Investment Plans.
- Preparation of a Priority Investment Programme.
- Preparation of Financing Plans for the PIPs and carrying out of detailed financial and economic analyses and propose tariff adjustments to guarantee feasibility and sustainability of the project the Utility.
- Preparation of a Procurement and Implementation Plan.
- Preparation of a consolidated Procurement and Implementation Plan for the second Urban Infrastructure Project (UIP2) in water and wastewater sector.
04/2013 – 06/2014
Technical Supervision for Extension of Kaunas Waste Water Treatment Plant for Biological Treatment Kaunas Region, Lithuania - EuropeAid/115314/D/SV/LT
The main objective is to upgrade the Kaunas WWTP to include biological treatment in order to comply with the EU effluent discharge quality standards for Phosphorus and Nitrogen and HELCOLM recommendations to meet the Lithuanian and EC effluent standards. Therefore, the new biological treatment component will be integrated into the existing plant facilities.
- Services provided
- Technical and Site Supervision according to FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build, first edition 1999.
- Acting as FIDIC Employer’s Representative
- Project Management
- Quality Control, Quantity Control and Contract Management
- Improvement of reliability and cost efficiency of equipment used in providing water and waste water services.
- Supervision of Defects Liability Period
11/2005 – 11/2009